To use the printer on any device, whether it is Mac or Android, users need to install the printer driver or software. Until and unless the installation of relevant drivers does not take place, the users cannot print. So if you are looking for a solution to install Canon printer driver on your Mac then you will have to follow a certain set of directions those are given below. You can even get in touch with Canon Printer Customer Service Number that stays reachable 24×7 online.
Generally, Canon printers come with installation discs that contain the software drivers to assist with the installation. If you did not get the CD then you can also opt to get the software from the manufacturer’s website depending upon your printer model.
Solution: How to install Canon Printer driver on Mac
- Load the Canon printer with the ink and paper and connect it to your Mac device using a USB cable, once done turn on the printer
- Launch system preferences on your Mac
- Click the icon with the name ‘Printers and scanners’
- Select your Canon printer from the list of available printers, if you don’t see yours then you can click on the + button at the bottom
- Choose the default tab in the add window
- After the above step, your printer should appear in the list of printers that are connected to your Mac. As soon as you click on the printer name, the Mac will auto-select its related information
- Your Mac will even select the driver by default. It will find the exact driver for the printer, if it is unable to do so then click the used drop down menu and select software. Scroll through the list of drivers and choose the matching one.
- Click the add button so that the installation can be completed
The steps are given in such a way that even a new user can install the Canon printer driver without any assistance. But if after the installation you face any snags then you are advised to dial Canon Printer Technical Support Number immediately.